Sunday, October 01, 2006

Orange Fire Fighters Pancake Breakfast


***UPDATE*** Ok, I have recieved numerous e-mails on this. While the Fire Station #23 is located in the City of Orange, it is actually an Orange County Fire Department Station that serves the City of Villa Park. Who would have guessed. Sorry for my error, it was still a blast and thanks tot he firemen that cooked for us.

I saw a sign last week at the corner of Katella and Wanda for a pancake breakfast at City of Orange Fire Station #23 for today. So I loaded up the kids and we headed over for breakfast with the firefighters, and I was hoping to see some of the cute one's (I wasn't disappointed..cute).

We got there and stood in a quick line, not to bad. Got our tickets and then got breakfast. It was nice crowd when we arrived, aout 150 people and all seemed to enjoy themselves.

(Yes that is my youngest son trying to make off with the firefighters hat).

I love this city, not only did the pancake breakfast go off with out a hitch, but the community as a whole took part. The 4H club was there, the boy scouts and girl scouts, the sheriffs department was there with a display and lots of fire trucks and such.

Needless to say, a lot of fun for me to watch and the kids were playing and climbing all over the fire trucks.

On the politico side of things, I was actually amazed to see nobody from the city of orange. I did however see a couple of the city council (didn't know them, I was introduced by my neighbor) of the city of villa park. I also met a nice young man that is running for villa park city council, I can't remember his name, but seemed very nice.

In the end a very nice morning. This afternoon, we are off to Irvine Park to go to the zoo.

No comments: