Monday, October 09, 2006

30 days to go!

I attended breakfast today with a group of friends from partners work. What was fun was that the majority of them do NOT live in the City of orange, however, they all knew about the City Council Race, and the Carol Rudat, not living in orange story. I of course decided very quickly that I would lend my 2 cents and give my break down as today to who is doing what.

With 30 days out here is what I think.....

Mayoral:

Mike Alvarez is doing very well, I have seen received stuff at my door and and seen his signs all over. His family name is well known in Orange and he has a solid shot.

Carol Cavecche is doing very well, again, I recieved a mailer and something on my door, her signs are all over the place aswell.

Andrea Simmons-England is doing very poorly, I have asked and asked for info, and it has been declined, there is no contact and I don't think she is ever going to engage in a real campaign at thins point.

Juan Pablo Serra-Neiblas is doing very poorly, again, people from I understand know him, but know him as the pot smoking guy.

So overall, it is between Mike Alvarez and Carolyn Cavecche. I was asked who do I think is going to win. If I had to answer right this minute. Mike Alvarez and Carolyn Cavecche unknown...I think it will be like Gore and Bush in 2000, it will be count every vote and watch the hanging chads.

As for the City Council race:

Mark Murphy, he is the current mayor and should win without a problem, my friends all know this guy though they split on some items but are joined by others. So in the end he will win.

Carol Rudat, I think i have read more about her then any body else. When I lived in Florida only a few years ago we had a candidate just like Carol. She won her seat and then she was recalled within a year. However, she is getting her name out there, I have received a mailer and a door flyer from her. She has been covered by the press for the last 3 weeks, interesting. My firends that have met her, don't like her, with the exception of Rhonda, but we all know she is wacky sometimes, I have seen her signs everywhere aswell. Huge campaign!

Phil Martinez, has managed to get the democrat party to endrose him, that is big, but he has done nothing else. I saw what I thought are signs, but they are very hard to read.

Jeremy Wayland, The Kid is campaigning his little heart out. He has signs going up. He might me a little to late in the game for this one, and his rising to the defense of another candidate is interesting.

Denis Bilodeau, He is apparently doing some work, my neighbor recieved a nice letter from him asking for her vote, however, I didn't get a letter. His signs are very visible and everywhere.

Robert Douglas, This guy has signs all over the place, it is out of control. I however have seen nothing else. In research, Mr. Bizness is also endorsed by the Democrats of Orange County, major accomplishment for him.

Frank Finn, I have seen a few signs around town for him, however again, nothing else. I am sure he will get the Orange Police Officers help, Frank is a policeman from Santa Ana, and they all stick together. Frank also recieved a number of Big UNION endorsements. Which makes me wonder if he will sell out the city for a vote. Watch the wallet with this guy.

The others aren't doing anything and aren't at this point worth talking about anymore.

My thoughts....Mark Murphy will when win this and I think the other position is up for grabs between Phil Martinez, Carol Rudat and Denis Bilodeau. And it is going to get ugly. I can only wait for the next cannon to fire.

No comments: