Friday, September 08, 2006

How Low Will Mike Alvarez Go To Raise Money


Orange Remembers 9/11, sounds noble enough. A dinner with a candidate for Mayor and then a candlelight vigil to remember the loss our nation had only 5 years ago.

Yet, Mike Alvarez has soiled it with greed and his need for money for his campaign!

Alvarez hits on the emotions tied to the tragic events of 9-11 and uses it as a cheap way to get people to his fundraiser.

Alvarez also got this into the City Newspaper, but not as a fundraiser. I am sure people will be shocked when they are to contribute to his campaign fund.

He also is using the death of Councilman Ambriz to get you the event as well. How, the flyer claims a portion will go to the library for the Ambriz Room.

So Alvarez is raising money based on those that died. It is a sad day in Orange. But hey for $500 you can join Alvarez's Mayor's Circle.

I checked the Carolyn Cavecche website, and to her credit nothing like this cheap tactic. I have also tried to locate websites for Juan Pablo and Andrea England with no luck.

Well, I wil plan on attending the candlelight portion of this event and I hope that I am not asked to contribute. I really haven't decided who I am supporting, but this makes it clearier to me thats for sure.

Really the only thing Mike Alvarez has done right so far in his campaign......He lives in Orange!

1 comment:

The Watcher said...

Andrea,

I only found 1 time prior that Alvarez did an "Orange Remembers",

I also called the American Red Cross and inquired to Mike's past donations. The Orange County Chapter has...heres a surprise...NEVER received any contribution from Mike Alvarez. Hmmmm....ok so maybe he donated somewhere else...any other non-profits you would like to shot out as a possible. Also, I received an e-mail this morning that actually talked about Mike Alvarez, defaulting on paying the costs associated with the 9-11 tribute he held in front of Orange City Hall. Apparently Mike felt he didn't need to pay the sound guy named Derek. You mention in your e-mail the only charge is for dinner. Wow, dinner must be massive at a cost of either 75, 250 or 500. So antoher question does the 500 dollar person get desert?

And, By the way...Since Alvarez has advertised this as a fundraiser everthing paid for...which includes bagpiper, dinner, postage, lighting..whatever...has to be declared and I will be watching for that on the disclosure....because doesn't your candidate have a history with fraud when comes to filing his reports...wasn't there a story from the OC Register 2 or 3 years ago about that issue.

Ok, have a nice day Andrea, and see you 9-11...not for Mike, but to see who shows up and if he is as tacky as I suspect he will be.