Sunday, September 17, 2006

City Council Candidate's Forum - Part 2

So in this post of the Candidate's forum Part-2 (All laughs are paid for by the Orange Chamber of Commerce).

It was really very enjoyable to watch all the new folks deciding that they want to be a City Councilmember.

However, I think all of us were waiting for that one question of the night.

Where do you live?

Carol Rudat missed the question by #1 person. What a drag, we were waiting and waiting. Oh well.

Well, on to the show I suppose.

All the candidates were interesting and had there takes on what is going right and what is going wrong with City Hall.

Candidate Frank Finn, aka "The Heat or 5-O" He actually responded to the question, "What have you done prior to this bid for elective office in the City of Orange". Answer...Nothing.... Well, kudos at least he was honest. He was also very bitter in nature to the current city council, and blamed them for everything shy of the war in Iraq. I found him as a very negative and an unlikable guy. My thoughts, he is going to rub people wrong and will end up with more folks not liking him at all.

Another interesting candidate was Mr. Phil Martinez, aka "The Man That Lost To ROCCO". Now, Mr. Martinez, was a total mess, had trouble just forming a sentence to answer the question, wonder if he had been drinking before hand. My thoughts here, he is already done and never got going!

Jeremy Wayland, aka "The Kid", he had a nice smile, glimmer in the eye, really bad ideas and the wrong delivery of thoughts. He claims to be a realtor, however, he came off with this anti-development rant. Have to wonder if he is playing to a "special interest group", I also received an e-mail that I will share with you soon, that sheds a little more light on this candidate. My impression, smells like a used car salesman, not real impressed.

Robert Douglas, aka "Bizness" well, I truly was overwhelmed...I honestly had a hard time understanding anything he said. He seems very honest and really like he cares. I actually, for having such a hard time to understand what he was saying, want to wish him luck. My thoughts, he will finish in the top 5, but will really fall behind 4th place.

Mark Murphy, aka "The Mayor", he seemed liked he knew his businesses, he was solid on his answers....not a lot to say. My thoughts give him another 4 years, and relax you didn't need to sweat so much.

Denis Bilodeau, aka "The Insider", he apparently is the chosen one again. I am truly amazed that he is actually running again. His presentation tonight seemed very plastic. He however, was actually solid on his info. Something I was impressed by is the amount of neighborhoods he has gotten to already. Apparently, he learned from his mistakes in his last campaign. My thoughts, he will battle with Rudat for 2nd place....comes down to overall support and money.

So speaking of Carol Rudat, aka "The Beach Bunny", well she actually came off pretty good. She however, seemed literally bored to death. She never smiled, but that could be that everybody was looking at her with tainted eyes. My thoughts, Bilodeau had better watch out or he is going to lose, and how will she manage to commute to the city counil meetings.

Darren Wm. Smith, aka "The County Hack", I say that jokily, because he works for the county. I would like to know what he thinks of the county leadership but that is for another day. Mr. Smith, seemed engaging, however, very cold, his personality was hard to like. My thoughts, he should have ran for the OUSD Board, he strcuk me as perfect for it.

John Antony Caglia, aka "The Angry Man", Why? When he talks his voice sound very upset and harse. He blamed the City Council for just about everything and he was totally against development. The funniest moment is when he said traffic is so bad in neighborhoods that they closed Shattuck Street down to traffic. (note-I called and asked on Friday..they closed the street due to construction and improvements to the street). Another interesting note is that Caglia ran in 2004, and was defeated in a horrible way. My thoughts, I don't seem him as a factor, he should be very excited if he can earn 1500 votes..I predict him to barely clear 500

Something very interesting is what we all found on our cars when we went to the parking lot. It is a flyer that points out her lies and her residency problems. Thank you to the OC BLOG for posting the the flyer (Hit this link to see the flyer).


No comments: