Sunday, June 10, 2007

Orange Councilman Bilodeau case to go to a jury!

BREAKING NEWS......

This just in from the Orange Net News and Greater Orange EBlog.....

Orange Councilman Denis Bilodeau jury trial on charges of removing a political campaign sign of opponent Carol Rudat in the 2006 City Council Campaign is scheduled to begin June 12th in Santa Ana at 8:30 a.m.

The Orange County District Attorney Case Management file lists the case as follows:

“Early in the morning of October 29th 2006, Bilodeau is accused of removing a political sign of his opponent, Carol Rudat, from the intersection of Chapman Avenue and Hewes Street in Orange. He was observed by Rudat’s daughter who called the police.”

The maximum penalty for the offense is six months in jail.

An anti-Bilodeau website set up during the 2006 City Council Campaign has photographs of the alleged incident.

However. I will not post this website....I received an e-mail from Councilman Bilodeau about the site and he states....
"It certainly is "malicious and a reckless disregard of the truth".
I hope that you will respect the privacy of me, my wife and children
and not republish untrue defamatory material".

Now I could care less about the privacy of Councilman Bilodeau, however, the privacy of others is a big deal
to me, and to that end I will not republish the website addess
I feel that overall I have been very fair to Councilman Bilodeau, however, is it time to consider weather we should allow this person to hold elective office if convicted. I will be the 1st to say it....Councilman Bilodeau, if your convicted you should consider resigning your seat, how can you be a roll model for others!

The other question I have is why isn't the Orange City Council and Mayor, not asking him to step down while the trial is in progress, his presence in the Council Meeting is casting shame on all of them.

No comments: