Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My 1st visit to Villa Park City Hall!

I went to the Villa Park City Council Meeting tonight, and wow!

I have attended a number of meetings at the Orange City Hall in the past, but this was my 1st time in Villa Park. 1st off the City hall is in what appears to be a rented store front, next to Ralphs Market.

Walking and finding my seat was interesting. The place is a...well, there is just no nice way to say it...a dump. A so disappointing for what I think is a jewel of a City.

But I sat there and watched the meeting a got to hear about the Profession Fire Fighters, like Debby Pauley, and feel she shouldn't be recalled and that the Volunteer Fire Fighters need to be run out of town.

Interesting, a "UNION" (aka..special interest), asking for a person to fight a recall, or for that matter that the recall was wrong...regardless of how I feel about the recall, this is bad...it feels like Pauley let the fox guard the Taxpayer henhouse. But I am sure the union guy didn't want it to appear like that she was their puppet.

Other then that pretty boring meeting, except for item #13...Cell phone issues and potential location of towers in Villa Park.

The City Council approved a contract with ATS Communications to conduct a wireless master plan and to assist the City in identifying potential locations for wireless facilities in order to limit the amount of facilities through co-location and to maintain control over the process. The contract was approved in February 2006. ATS has completed its review and has identified a site in the eastern portion of the City that is optimum for a wireless facility.

Thats it....

No comments: