Saturday, October 28, 2006

Frank Finn endorses Bilodeau!

I had been in San Diego most of teh day, took the kids to Sea World, after getting home and them going straight to sleep (thank god), I decided to read through the "blogs". I came across this interesting post on the oc blog and thought I would share it wilth you.

The message was posted apparently by Frank "The Heat" Finn,

As a candidate without the resources and backing that at least 4 others in the race for Orange City Council (I have received donations of $699.00 and spent about $3,000.00 to date), I would hate to see this election bought by a carpetbagger.

I got involved in the campaign because I honestly felt some members of the current council catered to a small, but vocal group at the expense of the majority of citizens and I want to represent the average, working families of the City. **Wonder who he is talking about?

Mayor Mark Murphy is not one of those council members and he has my utmost respect and admiration.

I still think I am the best candidate for the position, but realize that without the benefit of incumbency, prior political office, or financial and organizational backing of a political party that allows multiple mailers, and other expensive advertising, my chances of winning a seat in this wonderful town are not great.

That being said, I see my duty to the citizens of Orange as working for the best government we can have.


Towards that end,

I would urge any voter that shares my vision to not waste a vote on someone who apparently just moved into Orange (from a 3800 Sq.’ house close to the beach, near her office, to a much smaller Old Towne residence that necessitates a long daily commute???) in order to run in this election.

Obviously, anyone who repeatedly claims to have lived in Orange for “most of my adult life” yet has registered to vote in Anaheim or Corona Del Mar from 1980 to April 2006 has a serious lack of integrity and character.

I question what ulterior motives would anyone have to spend large amounts of their own money to run for office in a city that they have not resided in for over 20 years? Whatever they are, it can’t be good for Orange City residents.

I have been cordial towards all of my opponents because I do not believe in negative campaigns and thought I could rise above it.

A lame attempt by the Rudat campaign to smear Denis Bilodeau using County expense reports has prompted me to alter my thinking.

Her campaign has recently highlighted some expense reports submitted by Denis as the Director of the Orange County Water District and attempted to portray them as some kind of sinister waste of tax money.

Anyone who takes the time to review the reports will see the expenditures were not some egregious waste of tax money on extravagant pleasure trips or personal expenses, but were in fact, legitimate operating costs for conducting Water District business.

What is her point regarding the internet connection? Any business or government office must be connected in this day and age in order to communicate with customers.

Anyone who stoops to such nastiness, pettiness and deception does not deserve a seat on the Council. **Ok, I completely agree with this statement**

I hereby endorse Denis Bilodeau as the person I feel will best serve our City in the second open seat of the Orange City Council.

Although I believe I am still the best candidate, if you are not inclined to vote for me, Mark Murphy should receive your other vote in this race.

If I am not elected to serve you, these are the other two candidates I feel will do the best to represent all of us and I feel good government for the City of Orange is more important than my own advancement to the City Council.

Frank Finn,
Orange City Council Candidate
www.finnfororange.com

No comments: