Friday, August 04, 2006

Things got a little more interesting !!!

Merino Decides Not To Run Endorses Others

Thanks again to the Great Orange eBlog for the strory.

Architect Mike Merino (who I have called a hot head in the past) issued a press release stating that he has decided not to run in November for the Orange City Council or mayor’s office. Merino, who was recently appointed to the California Architects Board by Gov. Schwarzenegger,(Thats Cool...had no idea), had pulled papers for both the mayor and city council races.

In addition to announcing that he would not seek election, Merino also issued a strong endorsement of Carolyn Cavecche for Mayor and both Denis Bilodeau and Mark Murphy for city council.

In the press release Merino stated;
"I am dedicated to improving our city and the best way for me to do that this year is to support good leaders like Carolyn Cavecche, Denis Bilodeau and Mark Murphy.

“Although I have decided not to run, I will continue to seek other ways to be involved with our city and to continue my involvement in our community - hopefully having an opportunity to work with each of them in the future.” (I don't understand this...he is good enough to be on a committee appointed by Gov. Schwarenegger, but hasn't been tapped in town for a position...I hope he does find a way to be involved).

Merino further stated; “Carolyn Cavecche has convinced me that she will be a strong crime-fighter (still open to debate) and support the needs of our police department so that our quality of life will be protected. As a shepherd of our local economy, she has promised to keep the interests of local business (hhmmmmm) at the forefront of her decision-making process and ensure that the growth of our city in the east will be made carefully and that concerns for traffic safety will be addressed (again, hmmm..I talk with my friends and they don't feel she has protected the open spaces). She has also assured me that she will protect the interests of our local taxpayers by keeping taxes, fees, and other charges from increasing during her tenure."

"Mark Murphy and Denis Bilodeau have performed superbly. They have both impressed me with their good judgment and leadership. (What has Bilodeau shown as leadership and good judgement, he has no track record at all).

“I believe that both of these men will continue to provide the representation needed as we move forward here in Orange."

No comments: